Department of Chemical Engineering
Vision of the Program
Today we carry the flame of quality education, knowledge and progressive technology for global societal development; tomorrow the flame will glow even brighter.
Mission of the Program
To provide conducive environment for preparing competent, value added and patriotic chemical engineers of integrity of par excellence to meet global standards for societal development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives of the Department of Chemical Engineering are to educate undergraduate students who are during the first few years following the graduation will have – 1. Core knowledge , 2. Employment and 3. Professionals competency.
1. Core Knowledge
To provide the quality education in the field of basic sciences, mathematics, chemical engineering and allied technologies to pursue higher education and research for global socioeconomic development.
To motivate the students for gaining value added knowledge and real world exposure by industrial training, visits and workshops.
3. Professional Competency
To build a chemical engineer of integrity and par excellence with professional and ethical values.
- An ability to execute knowledge of basic science, mathematics and engineering.
- An ability to display the research by designing, conducting, interpreting and analyzing experimental data for preparing reports.
- An ability to demonstrate the caliber of product designing according to the standards.
- An understanding to demonstrate the ability to perform the task with multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, design and provide the solution to various chemical engineering problems.
- An ability to demonstrate the understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate formally and informally.
- An ability of designing the product to meet economical and societal requirements.
- A commitment to reveal self education, social values by providing the services to society through lifelong learning.
- An ability to understand the environmental issues and to provide solutions for green and clean technologies.
- An ability to demonstrate the computational skills using engineering software
The Department has got the NBA Accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Committee constituted under AICTE with effect from 15-02-2005 for 3 Years and re-Accredited for 5 Years from 19/08/2008. Department of chemical engineering came into existence in 1996 with starting of B.E. programme in Chemical Engineering. The department is having highly qualified and experienced faculty and modern infrastructural facilities. The department is engaged in teaching and research in chemical engineering & related area. This department caters to needs of B.E. Chemical engineering course as prescribed by the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (M.S.). All the laboratories are spacious & equipped with modern & sophisticated equipments, machinery and software Aspen HYSYS
The curriculum of chemical engineering includes the subjects like Chemical Engineering Materials, Fluid Flow Operation, Applied Inorganic Chemistry, Applied Organic Chemistry, Applied Physical Chemistry ,Process Heat Transfer, Chemical Engineering Processes-I, & II, Process Calculations, Mechanical Operation, Mathematical Methods In Chemical Engineering, Mass Transfer- I & II, Process Equipment Design And Drawing- I & II, Instrumentation and Instrumental Analysis , Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics, Chemical Reaction Engineering - I & II, Process Dynamics and Control, Computer Aided Process Equipment Design Modeling & Simulation, Chemical Plant Design and Project Engineering, Transport Phenomena & Energy Engineering.
Along with these subjects, subjects like Engineering Mathematics - III, Industrial Economics and Management, Process Engineering Economics and Costing, Computer Application, Elective Subjects like Biochemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Advance Catalysis ,Industrial Pollution &control ,Advance separation Techniques & Petrochemicals are included in the curriculum in order to accustom the students with all facets of chemical engineering. Industry oriented projects, experimental projects, design projects are given to the final year students. Student has to go under Industrial training and Industrial visit during the tenure of the course.
ALUMNI (Alumni of the Department along with their designations)
||Name Of Alumni
||Reliance Industries, Jamnagar
||Reliance Industries, Jamnagar
||Adnan Ahmad Khan
||Spectrum Pharmatech Consultants Pvt. Ltd, Thane
||Vibhandik Dipak C.
||Lupin Ltd, Ankleshwar
||Patil Yogesh G.
||Project Engineer (Piping)
||Vision Computech Ltd., Kolkata
||Patil Ravindra A.
||Cadila Healthcare, Rasayani
||Choksi Ronak D.
||India Infoline, Mumbai
||Jacobs Engineering, Vadodara
||S.N. Joshi Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Pune
||Rolta India Ltd., Mumbai
||Aker Powergas Pvt. Ltd
||Gharda Chemicals, Mumbai
Please keep visiting for latest updates and announcements.
Chemical Engineering Department
My SSCOET Account