Department of Electrical Engineering
To emerge as the leading Electrical Engineering department for inclusive development of students
To provide student-centered conducive environment for preparing knowledgeable, competent and value added electrical engineers.
Program educational objectives
PEO 1. Core Knowledge
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science and engineering skills, humanities, social science, management and conceptual and practical understanding of core electrical engineering area with project development.
PEO 2. Employment
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
PEO 3. Professional Competency
Electrical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system ,component, or process to meet desired needs within a realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, sustainability.
- An ability to function on Multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in a life long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use a technique, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Department of Electrical Engineering is established in year 1999 with the intake 30. The department was accredited for 5 years from 2008 to 2013 by N.B.A, New Delhi. The present intake of the department is 60. The department has maintained the track of excellent results by securing Ist Rank and Gold Medal at university level examination. The department has ten well equipped laboratories for UG and two labs for PG. The department library has sufficient numbers of books as per syllabus, worth Rs. 1.2 lakh. It has highly-qualified, devoted & dedicated team of teaching staff members. A conducive environment exists in the department for both students & staff.
It is the field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. It now covers a range of subtopics including power, electronics, control systems, automation etc. The main aim is to ensure the safe usage of electricity. Electrical engineering has an important role to play in many other fields of study like power quality, Power factor etc.
Achievement and Features:
- The AICTE has granted permission to start PG in Electrical Power System from the academic year 2013-14.
- The department has received grant of Rs. 5.35 lakh under MODROB proposal from AICTE, New Delhi.
- The Electrical Department was accredited for 5 years by N.B.A , New Delhi
- Students have been recruited in organizations like ACC, Reliance Energy Limited, Powerica Limited, MSDCL, Bridgestone, J K Papers, Ramball, Elmech Engineers.
- PSCAD software worth Rs. 2.23 lakh for PG Students.
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3 Lakh is provided for students.
- ETAP Software worth Rs 1 Lakh is installed in computer lab.
- The student of BE Electrical Ms. Lubna Chakraborty and Ms. Shreyashi De won second price in National Level Paper presentation “Shastra” organized by IIT, Banaras.
- The group of BE Electrical students won third prize in National Level Project Exhibition “IET Karmaveer Expo” for the project “ Generation of Electricity using Osmosis” organized by K K Wagh Nashik.
- The student of BE, Ms. Shivani Sharma and Ms. Dipali Chauhan won first prize in the event “Mindspark 13” organized by Govt. COE, Pune, from 27th to 29th Oct 2013.
Department of Electrical Engineering has maintained the top positions in the examination conducted by NMU, Jalgaon by securing Ist Rank & Gold Medal during May - 2010, May-2011, May – 2012 examinations.
1. Two days workshop on PLC/ SCADA by Electrosoft, Jalgaon.
2. Two days workshop on SUMO Robot by Campus Components, Pune.
3. Student membership of professional societies like IEEE, ISTE.
4. One day National Level Paper presentation MILESTONE 2K11 for students.
5. Two days National workshop on Matlab & its Application
6. Two days National workshop on Advances in Power Electronics and its application
7. Two days National workshop on Cyborg by Kyrion Technology, IIT Kharagpur
8. Institute level Project Exhibition.
9. Poster presentation
10. Group discussion & technical quiz to enhance the communication skills.
11. The expert lectures of the eminent personalities for Industries / academics are organized.
12. The Softskill Training for students of SE, TE & BE are conducted regularly by outside agency.
For any query / information from our Electrical Engineering Department, write to us on
email@example.com. We will get back to you with solution.
We welcome suggestions / comments from our Regular / Ex Students/ Alumni, and look forward to have long term relationship with you.
Please keep visiting this section for latest updates and announcements.