To emerge as the leading Electrical Engineering department for inclusive development of students
To provide student-centered conducive environment for preparing knowledgeable, competent and value added electrical engineers..
Program educational objectives
PEO 1. Core Knowledge
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science and engineering skills, humanities, social science, management and conceptual and practical understanding of core electrical engineering area with project development.
PEO 2. Employment
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
PEO 3. Professional Competency
Electrical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system ,component, or process to meet desired needs within a realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, sustainability.
- An ability to function on Multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in a life long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use a technique, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Department of Electrical Engineering is established in year 1999 with the intake 30. The department is is accredited for 5 years by N.B.A, New Delhi. The present intake of the dept. is 60. The dept. has maintained the track of excellent results by securing Ist Rank and Gold Medal at university level. The department has ten well equipped laboratories. The dept. library has sufficient numbers of books as per syllabus, worth Rs. 1.2. It has highly-qualified, devoted & dedicated team of teaching staff members. A conducive environment exists in the department for both students & staff. Quality technical education is provided to the students in the area of electrical engineering in order to meet challenges of globalizations with the state of art equipment and laboratories. Apart from this, we also keep conducting Group Discussions, Technical Quiz, industrial visits, Poster competitions, paper presentation, project exhibition, expert lecture etc. the student are encouraged to participate at various National & International events, Project Exhibitions by financial support.
- The Electrical Dept is accredited for 5 years by N.B.A , New
- Students have been recruited in organizations like Reliance
Energy Limited, Powerica Limited, MSDCL
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3 Lacs is provided for students
- ETAP Software worth Rs 1 Lacs is installed in computer
- The student Mr. Nitin Mohurle participated at National & international Events organized by various IIT’s. The amount of Rs 25,000/- was sanctioned and disbursed to him for participating in event SHASTRA on topic “HEAT RETENTION SOLAR COOKER” (innovative Idea) at IIT Madras.
Department of Electrical Engineering has maintained the top position by securing Ist Rank & Gold Medal durning May - 2010, May-2011, May - 2012 examination of NMU Jalgaon. The department has planned to organized Departmental Parent’s Meet. Department had organized various events such as:
- One day National Level Paper presentation MILESTONE 2K11 for students.
- Two days National workshop on Matlab & its Application
- Two days National workshop on Advances in Power Electronics and its application
- Two days National workshop on Cyborg by Kyrion Technology, IIT Kharagpur
- Institute level Project Exhibition.
- Poster presentation
- National level Paper presentation.
- Group discussion & technical quiz to enhance the communication skills.
- The expert lectures of the eminent personalities for Industries / academics are organized.
- National level seminar on Low Cost Automation.
Please keep visiting this section for
latest updates and announcements.
Electrical Engineering Department